G1 layout (PTP)

Come talk about our DIY amp project...in english !
Marko
Apprenti sorcier G5
Apprenti sorcier G5

G1 layout (PTP)

Message non lu par Marko »

Hello all!

Greetings from Slovenia! :)

I'm preparing for G1 V2 build (kit from TT), but I can't find a point-to-point layout for this kit... Can anybody point me in the right direction?

BTW, has anyone tried Eminence Legend 8" speaker from TT (now discounted) with G1? It's quite cheap :)

Thanks for your help!
charpy
G5 Team
G5 Team

Re : G1 layout (PTP)

Message non lu par charpy »

Hi Marko

the G1V2 is actually turning into V3, and I suppose TT is already selling the G1V1.3. there is some major improvement between V1.3 and V2 and some fine tuning for the V2.2 that should be almost the "final version" of G1.

the V2 is recent then I suppose noboby already published a layout for it. but this is the goal of our comunity : sharing information about tube amp and developping projects.

here is the schematic of the V2.2 (part numbers are still missing and the part list will come later)
http://webschem.free.fr/z3pooqnh.png

that would be a great experience for you and a nice contribution fo the community if you try to translate the V2.2 schematic into PTP wiring diagram. of course you can split the schematic into smaller groups (PSU, preamp, power amp) and we will help you, check if it's right... :wink:

There will be a PCB for G1V2.2 (but not included in the TT kit) and it will be publised soon in the "projets et outils" section

I dont know much about legent 875 but I recently get a legend 105 and I am pretty happy with it. It has a tight bass like a standard 12", sweet high for saturated sound. the overall response is pretty close to the V30 (and family : raging cajun, and governor). it is a good compromise for warm clean and saturated tones (but maybe only OK for over drive)
Marko
Apprenti sorcier G5
Apprenti sorcier G5

Re : G1 layout (PTP)

Message non lu par Marko »

Sweet :)

I see that V1.3 and V2 are quite similar, a few changes in values... I think it wouldn't be a problem "upgrading" V1.3 to V2.2 - what do you guys think?

Maybe we could talk to Dirk @ TT to update kit to V2.2? Could we say that V2.2 is stable or tried out? How many V2.2 were already built?

And how's that PCB board going? PCB pots, switches and sockets would be really cool, that would be much less work on the wiring :)

Cheers!
charpy
G5 Team
G5 Team

Re: Re : G1 layout (PTP)

Message non lu par charpy »

Marko a écrit :Maybe we could talk to Dirk @ TT to update kit to V2.2? Could we say that V2.2 is stable or tried out? How many V2.2 were already built?
yes that is the way we does it! but the V2.2 came out recently (nov. 23th 2008) so it has not been validated. McColson only made a prototype. I would buid one on PCB during Xmas hollydays.

after that we will talk to dirk for updating the kit

The PCB will not been included in the kit but we will publish the drawing. Up to you to make or get one. We prefer people build their amp PTP because it is a stronger effort to build it (and it will repel child and totally electronic newbies and preserv them from high voltage danger) and it is easier to mod or debugg.

feel free to build a V1.3 and upgrade it to V2.2. there is no structure difference but numerous changes in values and addins.

We will be glad you make directly a V2.2 and if you give us your layout, the troubles you get and your feeling about the sound.
Répondre